Congratulations! Your company has had a great 2015 and you’re ready to expand. With the new year just around the corner, it’s time to look at office space that will meet your growing needs. While this is good news, acquiring new office space is a serious endeavor, and you don’t want to act hastily.
As you look at the future of your operation, you may have plans to hire a significant number of new employees. This may require more room for them to work. You may also have need for more storage or production space. Before rushing into your search for new office space, you will want to consider such things as ideal location and your budget. Here are some other factors to keep in mind when researching a new property for your business:
- Don’t just plan for your current growth. Consider your plans for the long-term and if you should invest in additional office space. If this isn’t in your budget, have the contract specifically written to include the first rights of negotiation on any adjacent space that becomes vacant.
- Is the space central to your key employees? A long commute may lead them to seeking a new employer later. Get their input on location.
- Also consider if this office space is convenient for your clients, customers or patients.
- Does your new property communicate the right message about your brand and culture?
- Be sure to consider any potential hidden costs – utilities, rent, construction, parking rates and repairs.
- Is there enough available parking space for employees and your customers?
- Make sure your new space complies with the American Disabilities Act. If it’s not, it could lead to enormous costs later if any renovations are to occur.
Our team at the Menlo Group is happy that your company is thriving and growing. We also want to make sure your expansion into a new office space is as seamless as possible. We are here to help you find the right location and the the best deal possible. Contact us at 480.659.1777 with any questions you have. We look forward to working with you in the New Year!