Finding office space for your new or growing company is something that takes careful consideration. Whether you are planning to buy or lease, you want to make sure you know what you are doing. This is why the details required to legally purchase property are so important. In light of this fact, an attorney can be a valuable asset to your efforts. Here are the reasons why:
- An attorney can analyze the taxes paid and owed on the property prior to the closing.
- In the process of finding office space, attorneys can review covenants, easements, liens, etc. recorded against a property or properties of interest.
- After finding office space that fits your requirements, they can recognize any title defects and decide a course of action to clear them.
- A lawyer can arrange for title insurance protection in light of any potential losses due to title defects.
- An attorney can work with your bank to clarify and/or modify your mortgage terms, if needed.
- When in the midst of contract negotiations, an attorney can ensure the contract you sign is credible and comprehensive. It may save you time and money in the future in light of property damage and or, liability situations. An attorney review in these cases is priceless!
- An attorney can prepare and record all necessary legal documents for this process.
- A lawyer will make sure that you receive a valid recorded deed subject only to your own accountabilities.
At the Menlo Group, our team has been in the business of commercial real estate here in Phoenix for many years. Our experience and expertise can help you in the search for your new commercial property, as well as the contract negotiations. While not always necessary, in some cases, the assistance of an attorney can be beneficial. This is particularly true if there are any legal complications that arise with the property.
For more information about how we can help you go about finding office space that best suits your needs, contact one of our agents at the Menlo Group. We are happy to partner with you and will make sure your needs are fully represented when you are buying or leasing commercial real estate.