You can guarantee a Menlo commercial real estate agent has the required certifications and licenses necessary to advise, represent and help you with your property needs. If you want to know more about what it takes to be a commercial real estate agent, read on. The following is a checklist of licenses and certificates you can reference to ensure you are working with a truly professional commercial real estate agent. You will want to note, however, there are some different requirements for brokers and agents:
Brokers and Agents
- Have their state license.
- Passed the mandated state exams (Original Arizona Exam Score Report(s)).
- In some states, a commercial real estate agent can be a licensed attorney. They are not required to take the college-level courses, but must pass the broker exam.
- Pre-licensure Education Certificate – the 90-hour certificate with the authorized signature.
- Contract Writing Course Certificate.
- Proof of Legal Presence.
- Disciplinary Actions Disclosure Form (LI-214/244).
- Valid /current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card issued by DPS.
- Disclosure Document Checklist Form (LI-400).
- If an agent’s experience in a state other than Arizona, a certified license history is required from the state(s) in which the salesperson or broker’s license was held during the past five years.
- Broker Candidate Experienced Verification Form, plus verifying documents. Must have a standard “valid through” date.
- Broker Management Clinic Course Certificate.
- Attendance at a Broker Management Clinic is required before activating a broker’s license, unless they attended A Broker Management Clinic during the prior twenty-three months.
Investing in commercial property is a serious commitment. Whether you are working with a broker or commercial real estate agent, the above list will help you confirm their level of professionalism. A Menlo commercial real estate agent is certified and experienced. Plus, all of our agents go above and beyond to make sure you are part of every aspect of the buying/selling/leasing process. Contact us with any questions. We are glad to be of service to you.