Chandler commercial real estate includes properties that are solar-friendly. Your business could benefit from a more energy-efficient building. However, like anything else, there are pros and cons that come with owning solar-run Chandler commercial real estate. They are as follows:
- Solar energy is a renewable resource, meaning we will never run out (or at least not for another 5 billion years according to scientists).
- Solar energy is plentiful. The surface of the earth receives 120,000 terawatts of sunlight – 20,000 times more power than what is needed to support the world.
- It’s good for the earth, in that it doesn’t generally cause pollution. It reduces our independence on non-renewable resources.
- It is available worldwide.
- It can cut your electricity costs to operate Chandler commercial real estate.
- It has many applications. For example, construction and architectural companies can utilize flexible thin-film solar cells into building design. These cells can be a power source seemingly integrated into building materials. Additionally, it can be used to distill water.
- There are no moving parts to most solar power technologies. As a result, they typically make for a quiet environment.
- Arizona offers a Renewable Energy Tax Incentive to businesses.
- Solar energy is only available during daylight hours and sunny weather.
- Storing solar energy using batteries can be expensive.
- Although less polluting than other fossil fuels, some manufacturing processes can result in greenhouse gas emissions.
- Certain solar cells require materials that are expensive and rare in nature.
- You need a specific amount of Chandler commercial real estate to store solar energy. Power density, or watt per square meter (W/m²), is vital when looking at how much power can be had from a certain area of real estate. Low power density implies that too much real estate is required to give the power needed at an efficient cost.
While there are advantages and disadvantages to owning solar-based Chandler commercial real estate, it may be the brighter choice for your business. If you need assistance selecting a property that’s best for your needs, contact the pros at Menlo. We are pleased to help and look forward to working with you!